Safeguarding at Leedstown School
“The action we take to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm – is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone who comes into contact with children and families has a role to play.”
Working together to safeguard children (HM Government 2013)
Leedstown Community Primary School has a duty of care to ensure that all children are kept safe and feel safe. If we have any concerns regarding a child these will be shared with parents and carers and appropriate professionals.
We have rigorous systems in place for monitoring children’s wellbeing and have members of staff who have dedicated pastoral care roles across the school.
We will seek the advice from professionals where we have concerns about the well being of a child.
If any one has a safeguarding concern regarding a child they should contact the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU). They can be contacted on 0300 123 1116.
Please refer to our Policy page to read our Child Protection policy for further information.
The DSL should:
• work with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff are supported in knowing how to recognise and respond to potential concerns.
• liaise with the head teacher or principal to keep them informed of any safeguarding of issues especially ongoing enquiries and police investigations
• as required, liaise with the local authority case manager or the designated officer at the local authority if a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff
• liaise with staff on matters of safety and safeguarding and when deciding whether to make a referral by liaising with relevant agencies
• act as a source of support, advice and expertise for staff.
If these contact people are not available do not delay but contact one of the numbers below:
|Devon and Cornwall Police||101|
|Cornwall Children’s Social Care Multi-Agency Referral Unit (MARU)||0300 1231 116|
|Cornwall Children’s Social Care - out of hours||01208 251300|
|Isles of Scilly Children’s Social Care||01720 424354|
|Isles of Scilly Children’s Social Care - out of hours||01720 422699|